EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 86 Ford crown Vic 5.0l cracks but we'll not start

Customer Question

I have a 86 Ford crown Vic 5.0l cracks but we'll not start can get it to start with remote starter
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I think you should check the ignition wire that the remote start is connected to under the dash. Check to see if that wire is getting power when the vehicle is ignition is turned on with the key.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Also off the battery there should be a fusable link which turns into a yellow wire. That is the power feed to the ignition switch. make sure there is power through the fusable link.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thanks for viewing my response on checking the fusable link. Have you made progress with this? If you have more questions then let me know. If you are all set then please rate my service provided. Thanks