Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My 2008 ford escape having fuel issue. It died on me. I

Customer Question

My 2008 ford escape having fuel issue. It died on me. I replaced fuel filter and fuel pressure sensor. But the engine light is on and I scanned but don't get any code. It idles fine for a minute then cuts out bad and slowly dies. Is it fuel pump?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It sounds like its probably either the fuel pump or the fuel pump control module. There are codes in the system if the light is on.. unfortunately fuel pump control module pump codes arent retrievable through a generic scan tool.. it would take a ford specific scan tool to get the codes which will point you in the right direction. Without the codes theres no way to say for sure which one it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's what I looking for

Alright. If you get the codes checked and want further information just let me know what codes are in the system and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks