Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My 2006 escape hybrid the dashboard fuse blew. its lights

Customer Question

Hi, my 2006 escape hybrid the dashboard fuse blew. its lights and meters are not working. Track it down to fuse #7. When I replaced it the fuse blows again.
The Airbag light flashes code 53
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the car has not been in any crash
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When the air bag light fails, there is an audible tone that tells you the bulb is out so you know there is an issue you need to address because you have no warning with the air bag light out. Since you have cluster issues, its best to resolve that concern prior to diagnosing the tone issue code you have.

Fuse 7 powers the mirror switch, data link connector, instrument cluster, radio, CD changer, navigation module. Since it blows immediate it is likely this wire from the fuse box to one of these components is shorted to ground. The most likely place is in the door jam at the orange/light green wire to the exterior mirror switch. Can you check out that harness.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris,Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it tonight.In the meantime, I think I was not clear on the Airbag Light.
This is the only light that works in my dashboard and it blinks code 53 which
somewhere I read it is ..
53=Primary Crash Sensor Circuits Resistance to Ground or Air Bag Diagnostic FaultWhere is this sensor and can I buy and replace it ?Regards,Glen

I can upload the diag steps from Ford if you would like but we have to do that in private contact since the files are not allowed on this public forum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Chris,For now I will pass on the offer for uploaded files.Can you describe what the sensor looks like and how much should I expect to pay
the Car Dealer to fix this issue?

LFC
53

Description
Air Bag Tone Warning Indicator Circuit Short to Battery

What part are you wanting to replace?

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.