Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1999 f350 w/ 6.8 v10. Was running rough pulling a

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 1999 f350 w/ 6.8 v10 . Was running rough pulling a trailer. Put in new plugs and changed 2 coil packs that were cracked. Now it won't even stay running. Got any ideas on what I can check. There was water in three plugs on rear passenger side which I here is a common problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Does it start and stall out?
Can you keep it running with your foot on the gas pedal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks found a vacuum leak. Now it is running but after it idles down it has a loping to it.could it be the egr. If so can you clean it instead of replacing
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The EGR ports can be cleaned. Remove the valve and clean the ports through to the intake opening for the throttle body. They build up a mound in the ports and it gets gooey and sticky.