Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2008 Ford F350 with a 6.4 Power Stroke. It has the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford F350 with a 6.4 Power Stroke. It has the CAT, DPF, and EGR delete. The tuning I have is only for the deletes and gives it no extra horsepower. When I was driving over a mountain pass it went into reduced engine power. I wasn't towing anything at the time. I shut it off re started and was able to drive normally with no issues. I had it happen again on another mountain pass while towing an empty trailer. It gives me an overboost error code. What should I do to fix it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you please give me the actual code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code: P0234
Tuner: Gear Boyz DPF-R Ford 4.0
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to watch data like oil temperature while driving the vehicle? When it went into reduced power did a wrench light come on as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have the stock gauges, but all temps were in the middle ranges. The wrench did come on.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I did send a phone offer as it does make things easier. Especially with a lot of detail that I have to give you.