Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 99 7.3 Powerstroke. Truck runs great and then out

Customer Question

I have a 99 7.3 Powerstroke. Truck runs great and then out of the blue it will just shutoff. Sometimes it chugs and misses it feels like then shutoff. Throws codes. P0603- Internal control module keep alive memory error. Also P1210-Injector control pressure higher then desired engine off.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a bad injector control pressure sensor, or the wiring at the sensor, do you know where the sensor is located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the injector pressure regulator on the back of the hpop.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

No, the injector pressure sensor is what I am talking about, this located just behind the fuel filter housing down below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the back of the high pressure oil pump, top or bottom? Or is it on the fuel filter housing itself?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

No, it is up front under the fuel filter housing, if you look at the back of the filter housing, it is right next to it, down low, it will have an electrical connector with three wires on it, check the connector for any signs of oil, and if you see it, replace the sensor and the connector, it is a very comon repair on these,Tim