Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

88 Frd F150 5.0. Starts when cold. Dies after warming up,

Customer Question

88 Frd F150 5.0. Starts when cold. Dies after warming up, sitting still or driveing.Will not restart until it has cooled for several hours. It is not overheating. Have installed inlune fuel pump.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Your 1988 has two fuel pumps, the pressure pump on the frame rail and the lift pump in the tank, when it stalls have you checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail service port? Normal pressure needs to be right at 32 to 45 PSI.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pressure is ok --- new inline pump. dual tanks, the same on both tanks
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay when it dies and will not start and you are sure you have good fuel pressure are you getting a nice blue spark at the spark plugs and do you have injector pulse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Haven't check the spark or injectors
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then if you can, that would be the next step, check this and post back when you can and we ca work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any more time today to work on it. Can we just cancel this whole thing?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You can cancel it by contacting customer service, that being said, I'm here every day so if you want to work on it at a later date I will be here to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I contact customer service. I don't see anything at the top of the page.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im not sure but there should be a link on your home page.