Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

5.0 L ford 1990 35K.This miles engine cranks over but does

Customer Question

5.0 L ford 1990 35K.This miles engine cranks over but does not start, starter, battery, fuel pump,spark plugs,8.8 mm wires, MD ignition coil, plugs all 10 months old.Bob
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) and good compression, if you can check each one of these for me and post back with which one you are lacking I will help you determine the cause.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The most common cause for the no start you are describing in most cases on your 1990 is usually a failed ignition module and or distributor pickup. If you would like to test them let me know and I can send you the steps.