Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Re instructions the rotor and bearings on my 1997 FWD Ford

Customer Question

Re instructions for removing the rotor and bearings on my 1997 FWD Ford Ranger. I cannot remove the locking key from under the wheel bearing adjustment nut. I have tried the magnet with no success and have also tried to slightly rotate the adjusting nut and the nut will not budge. I am using a breaker bar with the 2 3/8" lock nut wrench and it will not rotate enough to loosen the locking key.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the meantime, I was able to follow your on-line diagrams and figure out the problem myself. I will pay the $5, but since I figured it out, I would not want to pay anything else. Thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm you received my 2nd message. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I received them all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked my credit card statement and am being charged $5 (which is okay), but also $23. I did not authorize $23, only $5. If this charge is not reversed immediately, I will be contacting my credit card company and tell them this is an unauthorized charge. I did not get any personal advice on this problem and so I will not pay for something I did not receive. Let me know how you want to handle this--by removing the charge or me calling the credit card company?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I have nothing to do with this charge. I am just the mechanic. You have to contact justanswer customer service In the US or Canada(###) ###-####/p>

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us?target=phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Mike. I think I have it resolved now.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome!