Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I have a 2003 Thunderbird, with the hardtop, which i dont

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Thunderbird, with the hardtop, which i dont use due to the squeeking and slight leaks. I need to adjust the roof. I have all the trim removed needed to access the adjusting screws and am ready to execue. I need step by step procedure to do the job correctly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about adjusting a sunroof?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Or a convertible top? I never heard of a hardtop having to be adjusted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,
I have a 2003 thunder bird. The car is a convertible, and it comes with a detachable hard top. The hard top intent is for winter use. to use the hardtop, you put down the convertible roof into the car, then you have to manually install the hard top roof. The roof has 2 guide pins that stab into recievers on both each side. and in the front there is a wind shield, the windshield has bolts mounted in it that matches up with bolt holes in the hard top roof. you set the roof into position and cam latch the rear down and in the front you run the bolts up into the hard top. so there are a total of 4 points that secure the hard top to the car. Each of these 4 points can be loosened so that the hard top roof can be adjusted for a perfect fit.
Ford did a terrible job with this feature and i am attempting to fix it on my own. I am told ford has a manual just for this procedure, but i have not been able to get it. So I need a procedure to ensure i do it correctly.
Tom
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Might this tsb be what you were looking for?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Was that the procedure that you were looking for or not?