Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Bob I have 2013 f150 in dash brake control .. all lights

Customer Question

Hi bob I have 2013 f150 in dash brake control .. all lights work, no trailer brakes , no power to plug.fuse?? I checked all of them .It tells me that there is no trailer connected
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Did you just install the trailer brake controller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it came with the truck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are wired from ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Correct they are pre wired from Ford. They aren't always installed at the factory. That's why I'm asking if you just installed the trailer brake module? Also are you using a 7pin trailer plug?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is 7 pin I have been pulling trailers for 25 ys
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bob I would like to cancel this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will Take it to my ford dealer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who do I contact to cancel
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I'm not trying to say you don't know how to pull trailers. For that I am sorry. In order to give you correct information I have to ask questions. Some people try and add this themselves from a Ford dealer. It works but it needs to be programmed by a dealer. The other reason I asked what pin is 4,5, and some 6 pin connectors won't register. When these re new the vehicle doesn't ship the trailer charge fuse or the trailer tow charge relay. If the trailer tow charge relay isn't working correctly the trailer will show it isn't connected.