Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

When using scan tool on a 94 ford ranger 4.0 the engine was

Customer Question

when using scan tool on a 94 ford ranger 4.0 the engine was running fine and was scanning then started running rough and stopped reading data could that be a computer issue
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having can very likely be caused by a failing PCM but before you replace anything lets install a fuel pressure gauge and recheck your fuel pressure. Normal fuel pressure should be right at 32 to 45 PSI with the engine running. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.