Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2013 Ford Edge with dual climate. No heat. I unhooked right

Customer Question

2013 Ford Edge with dual climate. No heat. I unhooked right side blend door actuator and opened door manually. Had heat but only right side. Replaced actuator myself. Back to no heat either side. Climate fuse ok. Any ideas? Thx, Mike
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello Mike, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since you have replaced the RH actuator and its still not working then you may have a bad AC/heater control panel. Let start with checking the signal from it to the RH actuator. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the steps to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Actuator%20test%20Nov%207.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have any way to check voltage on the actuator connector but the wires all seem tight and in new condition. When I activate heat from the touch screen, or the manual buttons, or the steering wheel controls, or the voice commands, the actuator lever does not move. Apparently LH nor RH actuators are receiving signal What is the control panel you mentioned?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You very likely have a bad control pane as that is where the signal to the actuator comes from but in order to know for sure the testing really needs to be done to avoid replacing anymore unneeded parts.