Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Got a 92 ford ranger 4.0 idle fine but when put in gears

Customer Question

Got a 92 ford ranger 4.0 idle fine but when put in gears runs like crap an sounds bad when at stop light my battery gauge bounces can u help me
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with checking the fuel pressure first while it running poorly, normal fuel pressure need to be right at 32 to 45 PSI and hold steady. Since the battery gauge is bouncing the first thing you need to do with that is hook your volt meter up to the battery and monitor the charging voltage with the engine running . The running voltage should be right at 14 volts and hold steady. Post back with the results and we can work from there.