Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have cold air blowing in my 2002 Taurus (no heat). It will

Customer Question

I have cold air blowing in my 2002 Taurus (no heat). It will come out warm when the car is between the C and H but will quickly go cold. Coolant filled up, diagnostic tests showed heater core and thermostat is fine. Hoses are good. Blend door is good. Mechanic at shop said the next step is to pull the HVAC box. I'd like to do it myself but can't locate it. What else could be causing no heat issues, and where is this HVAC box? Thanks!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Before you start pulling parts can you go out under the hood and while the heater is blowing cold see if both heater hoses are getting nice and hot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I check the hoses. The holes along the firewall running horizontal it's hot. There is a hose from the water pump going towards the hose by the firewall and that is hot as well. There's another hose that seems to be running parallel to that hose that seems to be cold or not as the others in temperature. I'm not to car Saavy what I'm trying to be as specific as possible.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The hoses that you need to check are the two that run directly to the heater core at the firewall , both should be to hot to hold , are the the hoses you checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hoses are both hot
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you mechanic is very likely correct providing you are sure you have good flow through the heater core. Ford released a Service bulletin that calls for removing the AC/heater plenum and replacing a warped door. That may very likely be the problem you are having. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Blend%20door%20TSB%20Nov%206.pdf