Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have some sort of aftermarket theft device hooked into my

Customer Question

I have some sort of aftermarket theft device hooked into my ignition switch wires.. We've never used since getting this vehicle ... Do you think that's what's keeping the car from starting... I don't know what you call it but I've seen it before it's a
small black thing that you touch to these to sprocket looking plug things and then the ignition will engage..How do I get rid of it and still get my car to start its started all this time and we've never used it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can I get the year make and model?

With the key on is the OEM theft light flashing rapid?

You should be able to just remove this component, and mend all the spliced and cut wires back together to do away with it. Although it is unknown if it will start or if this is even a anti theft issue until I know these results and a little more information.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's for a Honda Odyssey and no lights blink.. When we took the device off it wouldn't start.. I'm wondering if we will need to get that key thingy for it

You were in the Ford category for some reason, but I can still help.

What year Odyssey?

Will it at least crank?

Is the theft light on solid with the key on or is it off?

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.