Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

I have a 2001 f250 superduty 5.4 ltr the wires on the yellow

Customer Question

i have a 2001 f250 superduty 5.4 ltr the wires on the yellow plug for passenger side pretensioner are pulled out of the male connector they are yellow/black and yellow/red the female connector has blue and a brown wire how do the colors connect for the plugs
Category: Ford
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, Is this an early or late production f250?

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

I went ahead and looked at both, the early production did not have pretensioner connectors. Give me a few minutes.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Ok I pulled wiring diagrams from both all data and mitchell, both of them show NCA (no color associated) for the pretensioner side and they don't have pins numbered for the module side, so we're out of luck there. I have an idea though, the driver side has similar colors on the module side, light green/black and light green/red. Compare those two plugs and set the passenger side up the same as the driver side as far as the black and red tracers are concerned. That's your best bet since they don't have colors listed, that being said the way the circuit looks it should work either way. If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Did you find anything? If you have any more questions let me know. Please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated. Thank you!