Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2001 f150 electronic compass/temperature display is not

Customer Question

2001 f150 electronic compass/temperature display is not working.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** usually means the compass display has failed, you can find one on ebay for a reasonable price. To verify the problem Check fuse 23 (10 amp) of the Central Junction Box (CJB) for a blown, missing, or poorly connected fuse. If the fuse checks to be ok, access the connection of the overhead console and check power and ground at its connections before replacing it. A White/Light Blue (WH/LB) wire supplies ignition-fed battery voltage to the console from fuse 23 of the CJB. A Black/Light Blue (BK/LB) wire supplies the overhead console a ground. If all are good then replace compass. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.