Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2003 ford ranger edge 4.0 and i think i my GEM is

Customer Question

Hey i have a 2003 ford ranger edge 4.0 and i think i my GEM is gone or is going out. Reasons i believe this is because i have just replaced all my door ajar switches. It did not salve the problem which is my dome light is working opposite the way it should. As in when my doors are open the dome light is off and when their closed they are on. It is my belief that the door ajar circuit is a open circuit so when the doors are open the switch closes the circuit and the dome light come on. Mine is backwards? Any advice. ALSO my ignition key warning sensor wont turn off, key or no key it will stay on tell it kills the battery which has already happened. As for this issue i have pulled the ignition locking cylinder out and turn the sensor off and let it dangle and put the locking cylinder back in and it still is on. I need help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When the doors are open the circuit to the GEM is grounded. It is an open circuit when the doors are closed. You would need to unplug the GEM and test the connectors to it to see what signal the wires from the sensors are sending to determine if its a switch or wire issue or the GEM to blame. If you need a connector diagram, I have no upload that in private contact.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.