HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I got a p0354 2001 ford escape v6 3.0l

Customer Question

I got a p0354 2001 ford escape v6 3.0l
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok that indicates an issue with the coil driver not sending a ground signal to the coil. With the coil new need to verify you are getting an pulse to the coil. if not either the pcm is bad or the wiring inbetween the coil and pcm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I change the cylinder 4 coil and connector too and still the same
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Ok do you have a noid light to plug into the coil and see if it pulses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got a digital multimeter that can help?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

A test light would be better to see it flicker by hooking the lead to the positve battery terminal and the test light to the ground terminal on the coil and watch it flicker if it is sending a ground from the pcm. if not its most likely an issue with the pcm

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

A digital multimeter wont show the flickering on and off fast enough

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A fuse tester do it? So
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

yes a 12 volt test light or you can rent a noid light for free from most auto parts stores, you leave a deposit and get the money back when you return the tool. Pugs right into the coil electrical connector. just crank it over. if it stays on all the time, the pcm coil driver is shorted on and most liekly a bad pcm as long as the two wires from the pcm to the coil arent shorted together. If no pulse. Would have to go back to the pcm pins for the coil and see if it pulses at the pcm, if it does, you have an open wire between the pcm and coil and can run your own wire inbetween both. If no pulse at the pcm, the pcm is bad and would have to be replaced and reprogrammed and need 2 pats ignition keys reprogrammed to the pcm to start the vehicle

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Compare it to a working coil