EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Brakes out, drove truck yesterday everything fine, parked it

Customer Question

Brakes out, drove truck yesterday everything fine, parked it in my field and went out to use it today and pedal went to the floor when I got in to start it. I replaced the calipers and lines completly a couple years back have had no trouble since. just wondering what is the most likely thing to have happened and what to start looking at. the resivour is about empty. thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. For the resevour to be empty then there must be a leak. Commonly the line that runs front to back behind the gas tank will leak. I understand you replaced them a few years back. It is possible that a wheel cylinder in the rear blew out. If that is the case there may be fluid leaking from the rear backing plate of the drum. Check that and generally check all the other lines for the source. Let me know if you need me info. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Leaking under bed in back, see pic below. what do you suggest? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.