Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Chuck, I have a 1999 V6 F-150 which only blows hot out of

Customer Question

Hi Chuck, I have a 1999 V6 F-150 which only blows hot out of all vent/panel settings. Figured I needed a new blend door actuator and bought one (Dorman 604-205. If that doesn't work I'll need to get out the dremel. Before I start cutting, I'd like to check out/replace the actuator. How do I disassemble the vent structure to get at the actuator and install the replacement?
Thanks, Don
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.

The most common cause is as you suspect , a failing blend door actuator. The good news is there not to bad to change out. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Post back if you need the floor console removal steps and I an send them as well.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Actuator%20Nov%203.pdf