Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have an 08 f350, and the wrench light comes on and the

Customer Question

I have an 08 f350, and the green wrench light comes on and the computer reduces power. There are no trouble codes stored. Where would you look for repairing a problem like this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

from experience, I would look at the EGT sensors

Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me say that we cleaned the particle filter; while I had this part off the truck, I tried road testing so I would know what would happen if these sensors were disconnected; well when the truck shut off, there was non restart. So I know the last sensor is working. I got an EGT sensor and put replaced the middle sensor with it; this caused the motor to run extremely rich as black smoke bellowed from the tailpipe; so I replaced the front sensor with the new one, and road tested; the truck ran good, though at idle and going up steep grades without downshifting it feels like it has a misfire, but there are no misfire trouble codes. The next morning I drove it, and the green wrench light appeared and the reduced power light lit. If I had some procedures for the green wrench light, it seems like it would help.