EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6 V8:

Customer Question

HI
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have just purchached a Ford Explorer 2003 Eddie Bauer Edition 4.6 V8. COuntry of Origin is Japan I have no record of its histry while in Japan, However when It arrived my country it sat for about 90 days in a parking yard, where I found it.We have found that the gear shifts are sluggish and seem to be stuck in 1 and 2 and the car feels like it is holding back.We have done an olil change and replaced the filter. Checked all the other fluids and they all seem to be fine.The Driver who first drove it from the port says it was shifting fine.What could be the problem?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Was the transmission fluid level checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do u check the transmission fluid level in this model
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

There is a plug on the transmission oil pan. you have to run the truck until the transmission is up to operating temperature. Then you remove the center plug. The Torx bit. With the truck running. A small stream of fluid should come from the hole. That is good fluid level.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If nothing comes out fluid is low. If you need to fill it you need to pump fluid into the hole and then install the plug when the fluid stream is correct.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have any further questions? If not then please rate the service provided. THanks.