Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)
If the brake lights work, then the brake switch is good and not to blame. Lets then see if the brake shift interlock solenoid if faulty. Turn the key one position forward between off and run. If the shifter now moves then the solenoid is bad. If the shifter will not move then there is a damaged part. We need to remove the shift linkage at the base of the steering column and retry to see if the shifter still will not move. Let me know these results.
----------Once you get an answer----------
1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.
2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.
3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.
4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.
5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.
6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.