HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2010 raptor that suddenly will not go into

Customer Question

I have a 2010 raptor that suddenly will not go into overdrive. I had this problem once before with an older model F150 and it was a fuse blown that controlled the shift solenoid.
I went to the owners manual on this model and looked through the fuse map. It was not specific enough for me to locate which if any fuse still controls this feature. I did a quick scan and there were none that looked to be blown.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the engine winds out and wont upshift or it slips into neutral? No warning lights on like a flashing od lamp or check enginelight and any codes stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine winds out and won't upshift. It does not slip into neutral.
No warning lights. I am not sure about codes but I do not have a check engine light.
I did have to jump it this morning due to a dead battery. I have not had any other problems before that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Well with the battery going dead it may erase any diagnostic trouble codes stored. You can get most codes read for free from most local auto parts stores but they may not be able to pull transmission codes depending on the scan tool they use.Definitely need to know why the check engine light is on to see if it is related and do a trans fluid level check since it should be a 6r80 trans with no real dipstick it uses a small one next to the catalytic convertor. With no upshift need to see if the PCM is commanding the shift and if any shift solenoid fault codes are stored. If no codes, most likely an issue with the valve body or internal trans concern

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As stated in the earlier email there is no check engine light. I do have a scan tool and I did connect it just for my own sanity; no fault codes were present. I do have a set of full service manuals and had to go to them last night for an electrical schematic. It ended up being a wiring damage issue. That was repaired and no further problems are present.
Thanks for the help.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Very good, glad you got the concern resolved.