Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2007 Ford f150 and I have replaced broken flex

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford f150 and I have replaced broken flex plate three times in one year. Last failure I had a new torque converter installed. Now I am on break number four. I drive 160 miles a day and this happens at 6th with cruise control on. Never any warning, just let's go. Any ideas. Thank you
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the most common reason for failure of flex plates is a bad thrust bearing on the crankshaft. when this bearing fails or wears out the crankshaft moves back and forth and over time will fracture the flex plate. any shop can check this easily to see if there is excessive play.

Roy

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When they had the transmission out to replace the flex plate, was the bushing in the pump checked. I have seen many plates crack out in the center because the converter is wobbling from the pump bushing not able to support it firm.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris