AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

On a 1999 ford ranger 3.0 v6 manual when adjusting the

Customer Question

On a 1999 ford ranger 3.0 v6 manual when adjusting the rocker arms; should i turn the motor until the push rods are down and then tighten or is there more to it than that?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I don't believe your rocker arms are adjustable. On an engine with adjustable rocker arms, you would rotate the engine until the cam lobe is at it's lowest point, then tighten the rocker arm until you have achieved zero lash. Then an additional half to 3/4 turn usually.

On your engine, you don't have to rotate the camshaft until your lobes are at the bottom, but it's good practice to do it that way.

When you tighten your rocker arms down just be sure to torque them between 19 and 28 ft lb. I have attached an illustration.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpcp5wrs8m0gc61/ranger.jpg?dl=0

Please be aware that any money you have paid is in a deposit account here on JustAnswer
and has not been paid to me. I do not get credit until you are ready to rate me at or above
3 stars. If you do not feel as though you are able to rate me at or above 3 stars,please let
me know and I will do everything I can to assist you until you are satisfied. Please do not
resort to leaving a negative rating. Follow ups are always free. Thank you for allowing me
to help you with your automotive concerns.