Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Kenny. I have a 2007 F150 with 5.4L in it. The truck has no

Customer Question

Hey, Kenny. I have a 2007 F150 with 5.4L in it. The truck has no power. I just replaced the VCT solenoids on both sides and now The engine will rev up, but the truck doesn't speed up. Before I replaced the VCT's, the truck would not even rev up when you pressed down on the throttle. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Have you checked for any trouble codes in the PCM (engine computer)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I just purchased an OTC code reader and I have yet to connect it up. I was going to read tonight about how to properly use the code reader and then connect it tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The CEL is not ON.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You can still have trouble codes without a check engine light being on.

See if you can do a KOEO (Key On Engine Off) self test and also a KOER (Key On Engine Running) self test with the OTC code reader. You can reply back when you have tested for trouble codes. Just post the reply on this page. I will be on line late tonight and tomorrow afternoon.