Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Trying to get 2001 focus blower motor to work. Replaced and

Customer Question

Trying to get 2001 focus blower motor to work. Replaced and tested blower and relay and still no work.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! It says you've replaced the blower and the relay, what about the blower resisitor? Do you have access to a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, meant the relay. The blower motor was stuck and I replaced it first and tested it before installing. Then went to the relay. I did test a resistor and thought I tested all fuses but now I have to wonder if I am checking the right fuses. That's how I found you doing a search fro the right fuses to check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry meant resister has been replaced and I tested a relay
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

How did you test the relay? Do you have something to check for power and ground?

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

We're going to need a multimeter to check power, ground, and continuity.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled the relay and touched to hear it click. Hope I tested the right one.I do have multi meter to do all specified
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also used an ect2000 by power probe and powered circuit at blower motor and it took me to fuse box inside...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blower motor was stuck, bought tested new motor and installed, still no success. Replaced resistor, still no success. Tested relay and fuses, but not sure I did the right fuse and relay...because they looked fine I need help to assure I tested right ones. Fan Speed control allows juice to flow. Used Ect 2000 By POWER PROBE To Test For Open Circuit AND Took ME To Fuse Box inside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I contacted tech. Not letting me see your responses
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Go to the blower motor under the dash and unplug the blower motor connector and turn the key on and the blower motor on, then check for power on the GREEN/ORANGE striped wire and then check for ground on the BLACK /RED striped wire.