Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2010 f150 FX4 with a sun roof. I cleaned out the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 f150 FX4 with a sun roof. I cleaned out the front drain tubes. It's leaking in the rear corners of the cab though. How do I clean the rear ones out?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Basically the same as the front. We pour beach into them and then blow compressed air through them starting at the top with the sun roof fully open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to do it without taking the headliner off?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

You can loosen the upper "B" pillars which are where the seat belt retractors pivots mount and then remove the door weatherstrips from the top of the door openings and reach in and remove the drain tubes from the rear and clean them that way without lowering the headliner.

Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

They are located above the rear doors.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which is the B pillar? The drivers seatbelt or the rear seat belt
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

It is between the front and rear doors where the drivers front seat belt and the passenger front seat belt mount.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be normal for the rear corners of the can to be leaking then? If those were plugged? The dealer cleared out the front tubes, but did not do the rear tubes
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

They should have done all four at the same time. It depends on the position of the vehicle and the amount of rain or water that is falling on the vehicle around the sunroof.