Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I am a 35 year repair tech and shop owner with a problem

Customer Question

Hi Chris . I am a 35 year repair tech and shop owner with a problem thats driving my crazy. Anyway, i have a 2012 ford fusion with electric steering . The car has been in and out of my shop over a year with this problem . It seta a p07ae code that suthuts
off the power steering . All my research points to bad or stickings balljoints or tie rods etc. I seen nothing on this . After a call to identifix several times i came to the conclusion to R&R the steering unit. but then i seen where the cusyomer changed the
tire from a 225/50R17 size to a235/45r17 size tire. would this effect the friction problem and set the code. if so ,Im wondering if going back to the original tire size and wheel would fix this problem of keeping the code off ? thanks , Joe
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Low tire pressure can affect the steering and cause this code to set so its sure likely changing the tire size will as well. I would sure go back and place the right size tires on the car the the steering system was designed for. I suspect this will resolve this code from returning with every thing else you have already tried.