Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Replaced ficm and fuel regulator, after new parts were

Customer Question

Replaced ficm and fuel regulator, after new parts were installed truck ran and sounded better than it did 10 years ago. shut truck off, wont start again, threw the p6011 code again. Charged batteries, started up, then no start again, batteries drained to 15% & 29%. Had batteries checked (good) alternator checked (good). I'm at a loss. any suggestions.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

First, check the batteries and the alternator(s). If they are weak, they will kick this code because the FICM isn't getting the right voltage it needs.

Then since you replaced the FICM, check the connections to make sure nothing came loose or there are no rubbing on the harness. Also check the programming on the FICM for if you don;t have the software revisions matched due to the new software updates on the FICM from the vendor, but didn't update the PCM, you could have a mismatch and create the code as well.

Those are the p6011 codes. Also CLICK HERE for some great FICM info.

Now for the no start. You started the vehicle and ran it. did the engine get hot? If so, let it cool and then try to start again. If it starts, then the reason your IPR went out is because there is a leak with one of the seals on the injectors. If you have a scanner, see if the rail see 800 or better PSI during cranking on the ICP. If not, the seals are leaking and that is causing the no start. Now if you do have that reading, then the issue is all with the FICM side and you'll need to check the steps above to rule some things out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any more assistance with this question? You can close it on your end if completed and return later if needed. Thanks.