Roger, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Technician
88470418

Front signal lights not flashing rear lights flash but very

Customer Question

front signal lights not flashing rear lights flash but very fast checked bulbs ok cant find flasher relay to change but don't know if that would fix prob anyway. its a 2010 focous
Category: Ford
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, the reason you can't find a flasher is because the way that most of the circuits are designed now doesn't require one anymore. The problem with that however is it makes computer responsible for controlling even the simplest systems, such as turn signals in your case. The smart junction box behind the left side of the dash controls signal operation. The only way to correctly diagnose it without doubt in your case would be wth a scan tool, so all I can do for you is give you the possibilities but ultimately you will have to take it to a shop unless you throw parts at it. It sounds like your likely cause is the junction box itself, it receives signal from the multifunction switch to turn the signal lamps on, so if any are working even fast, then that rules out the switch. The front lamps have two separate grounds as well so it's unlikely that the ground for the bulbs is the problem. Which leaves either wiring which is something you would have to follow from the junction box or check continuity with a multimeter if you have access to one, in which case I can give you the wire colors to check. If you know bulbs are good, and we find no problems with the wiring have it scanned for codes and cleared. I have seen the junction box disable bulbs because of a code it tripped one time and stored it. I know this is a lot to take in, but I hope it helped. If you have any more questions let me know. If not, please don't forget to rate, they won't compensate me unless I've been rated whether you have paid or not. Thank you!