HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have an 03 ford explorer that has dash lights but will not

Customer Question

I have an 03 ford explorer that has dash lights but will not crank. I have moved the blower relay and starter relay at the power box. Jumped the two pins where the starter relay goes and the starter does crank. On my dash the odometer has ----- and my analyzer will not talk to the pcm. Does this mean I have a bad pcm?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is usually an idincation of a problem with the insutrment cluster. If you disconnect the instruement cluster see if you have pcm communcation. If you do the cluster is bringing down the network. Make sure you have power to pin 16 of the datalink connector if not the fuse for the dlc/cigar lighter may be blown. It the lower right pin of the dlc. if the cluster is bad the keys will need to be reprogrammed and you will need 2 keys and a local locksmith can help with programming. the instrument cluster also need reprogramming to the vehicle

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?