Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

How you doin I lost one key, i have only one key now I need

Customer Question

Hi chris how you doin
I lost one key , i have only one key now
I need to turn off mykey option on the remaining key, can you please guide me?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Sounds like you lost the main key and you are using the spare.

You're not going to like this. The only way to turn anything off is to make the current key a main key, which has to be done with the computer at the dealer. Withou the other key putting the vehicle in program mode, you can;t do much with the spare key. This is done on purpose so you can use the spare for valet or for kids, etc.

There is no other way around this, unfortunately.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have four normal keys (not the remote) , is there any place i can use these keys for the car?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean? Are the regular keys chipped? They have to have the chip in them in order for the car to start. If you don;t have the chips in the regular key, it won;t start. If it does, you can only go like a mile (max) and the car shuts off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no place for the regular key in the car , it dosnt have a hole for normal keys
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Oh, you got the intelligent access. There is a cover on the door handle where there is a key access.

However, you need the chip/FOB to start the car.

CLICK HERE for where the access is for the door that is hidden.

Is that what you are trying to figure out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what i meant , thank youMay i know how much it will cost me if i need to get a copy of my remote key so in order to remove the mykey
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

The remote is pricey. I'm showing with the programming and the key, $285. This is at my shop so yours can be a little higher or less. I would lean to $300 to be safe. Just the remote by itself is $190.

Look at a locksmith for they can usually do them for 50% or better lower costs. Ford will ALWAYS be higher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do a key for me please and give me a discount
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I can't do a sale through JA for my shop. It is against my agreement with them. :-(

I can refer you to the shop, but I can't order it here and then send it through here.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Is there a chance to change the radio freq from odd number to even number since in united arab emirates most of the channels are with even number
Appreciate your support and help
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That I don't know how to do. I know it can be done, I just am not sure how to do it is all.

I would suggest doing a question in the mobile electronics for those guys have all the program codes to do that right from the radio.