AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2003 ford windstar started fine yesterday now when

Customer Question

i have a 2003 ford windstar started fine yesterday now when u turn key to start all the lights go off but no crank
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The engine does not crank over correct? If all of the lights go off when trying to start the engine, then you are losing voltage at or after the battery. You are going to need to start by checking the battery voltage when this happens to see if it is dropping below 9.6 volts. If so, you could just have a bad battery. If not, then we check the connections at and after the battery (fuse block and ground connections)

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I have reported this question to the moderators