rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have an 07 e350 cutaway van, it died on me the other day,

Customer Question

I have an 07 e350 cutaway van , it died on me the other day, had it towed, it started but when gas pedal was pressed it would die. I replaced the throttle body as it has both position sensor and air control valve on it and now truck wont start at all .
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

We need to test the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, then check for spark at the plugs too.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ron , i had the truck running last night idleing for about 20 minutes, this morning i couldnt getted started . Once i step on gas peddle it shuts down (stahls)
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Understood, we still need to test the fuel pressure and volume with a gauge. We need to start somewhere and this is the most logical right now.

Thanks again, Ron