HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

1999 f250 4r100. OD light flashing. Reseated OSS plug. Still

Customer Question

1999 f250 4r100. OD light flashing. Reseated OSS plug. Still flashing. Brand new ATS 5 Star tranny.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what code(s) are stored with the lamp flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a scanner.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Well there is no way of knowing what is wrong or where to check without pulling codes. If the trans was just installed all you can do is make sure the wiring harness isnt pinched between the top of the trans bellhousing and the rear of the engine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for all the help. If I had a scanner I wouldn't be asking.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Well nothing for nothing, how am I supposed to know whats wrong with a transmission thats not in front of me? All my answers are based on information you share. There are about 300 different transmission codes and you didnt mention if it even moves or is missing gears, goes into neutral at all. No other information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works fine, just won't go into OD and light is flashing.
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

If it wont upshift into 4th gear only then it is isolated to one gear. Could be a solenoid in the trans. Just because the transmission is new doesnt mean its rebuilt properly. Without knowing why the trans was replaced is hard to say if this is a different concern than the original problem you had. If it is then I would suspect either a wiring problem inbetween the transmission and pcm. But need codes pulled. Most auto parts stores pull codes for free but not all can pull transmission codes.