Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 97 F150 that has no A/C. The fuse a/c, blend door

Customer Question

I have a 97 F150 that has no A/C. The fuse for the a/c, blend door and cruise keeps blowing.
I replaced the fuse and it did not blow but then the truck would not start until I turned on the a/c while cranking and the fuse blew.
I saw a post with no solution where the guys truck would no start with a new fuse in the same location #5 inside.
It cranks but no start.
This truck also has other issues with the windows not rolling down - put in another gem module and no luck.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Fuse 5 powers the:

blend door actuator

climate control mode switch

speed control servo

daytime running light module

back up lamps on a manual transmission

transmission range sensor on a automatic transmission

This fuse cannot effect the engines ability to crank or start. Sounds like there maybe something added to the vehicle or some wiring issues. To diagnose why this fuse blows you need to unplug everything on this circuit, then turn the key on. If the fuse does not blow then move the wire harness to each thing to try and find a wire short and make the fuse blow. I suspect its going to be the wire harness to the TR sensor on the transmission or a concernat the reverse lights.

For not starting, while cranking what is missing, spark, injector pulse or fuel pressure?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problems on wire to transmission. If that was shorted would the truck even start?

This circuit is only used for the reverse lights on the transmission side of the circuit, so no it would not effect starting ability. Have you completed the remainder of the steps I mentioned? Do you still need help? What do you need from me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The truck is being used a lot so we haven't had time to check everything yet.

If you find you need my help later let me know. If not thanks for rating my response.