Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2008 6.4 powerstroke just rebuilt engine got about 1600

Customer Question

2008 6.4 powerstroke just rebuilt engine got about 1600 miles on it and when it gets warm it has a problem hard starting. When I rebuilt engine I put same hpfp back in that came out still hard start so then I replaced the hpfp hard start went away for about 1 week then came back. new hpfp new injectors new lines new filters New gasket and wiring harness. Any idea what it could be? Same old fuel rail pressure sensor haven't replaced that yet!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Any trouble codes stored?

Have you monitored the actual and desired fuel pressure on a hot restart?

Once it starts does it misfire, run rough, smoke?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No misfire. Just hard start when hot but when it fires up it sounds great and runs just fine. Haven't checked codes yet.

Will you be able to perform the 2 tests I mentioned?

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not on here much I drive semi for a living. No I can't do the pressure test because I don't have a scan tool to check it. Been calling around trying to find a scanner that will do it.

Being that you are not able to perform the tests needed. How do you feel I can help you so you will be happy with my assistance?