Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My brother has a problem with a 1999 7.3 it was running fine

Customer Question

hey tim my brother has a problem with a 1999 7.3 it was running fine but it would run the battery down if it sat for three days so there was a spark aat the battery cable to so started pulling fues an touching the battery cable one at a time to see if he could find ant thing when he finished put the cable back on an now the truck will turn over but wont start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Below is a link to what a battery draw test takes to perform.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/99drawtest.pdf

I am not quite sure I understand how he was doing the test. Doing a draw test should not result in a no start so I feel like he may of left a fuse out, installed a fuse in the wrong place or a fuse has failed.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went back an checked all fuses made sure they were in the right place . An changed the pcm. When u turn the key on the wts light does not come on we changed the glow plug silionid

Did you have this PCM programmed to the vehicle. Have you checked all the PCM powers and grounds?

Does the check engine light come on when the key is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No check engine light what about the p c m diode if it's out would that make the w t s light not work

The check engine light not on is an indicator that the PCM is not getting all the powers and grounds. Yes the PCM diode is needed to complete the power circuit to the PCM.