Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My turn signals quit working and the hazzards flash off

Customer Question

My turn signals quit working and the hazzards flash off tempo. I have tried replacing the flasher twice, once electronic and once solid state. Before trying that blinkers were very weak since then they are dead. I have also tried replacing the blinker multi-switch but again no joy.
any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you I need to know what make your 1993 Ford is. Please post back with complete information and we can work from there to get this issue resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 1994 ford explorer *****automatic, with original everything.
I'm sorry for the delay I was out of town.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to do some testing If I send you you the steps?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have electric meter ohm and voltage.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

That will work, I have enclosed the test steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Run through the steps and see if this will help you narrow the problem down.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Turn%20signal%20test%20Nov%2011.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found my second flasher hidden on top of fuse panel and reversed them with opposite effect. Flashers don't work . The replacement flasher was supposed to be non electronic. (Electronic did not work either.) Do I need to go to a Ford part?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Yes to assure you get the right one I would go with an OEM Ford part.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately after market flashers are not usually right.