James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I DRIVE A 2015 FORD SHUTTLE BUS WITH A V10 ENGINE. THE

Customer Question

I DRIVE A 2015 FORD SHUTTLE BUS WITH A V10 ENGINE. THE THROTTLE HESITATES AT TIMES THEN SURGES. YESTERDAY GOING ABOUT 8 MPH I HAS NO THROTTLE RESPONCE THEN ENGING SURGED CAUSING TRANSMISSION TO JUMP BACK INTO FIRST GEAR CAUSING VAN TO SURGE AHEAD. THIS CAUSED SEVERAL MINOR INJURIES TO PASSENGERS. IS THIS A PROBLEM WITH THIS ENGINE. I NEED TO CONVINCE MY BOSS THIS WAS A PROBLEM WITH THE THROTTLE RESPONCE WITH THIS V10 ENGINE AND NOT ME. PLEASE AVISE WHAT THE PROIBLEM WAS
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this happens from time to time. The procedure to correct this issue is to have the PCM updated to the latest calibration. Since this vehicle is so new it should be under the bumper to bumper warranty. This is a glitch in the PCM and having it updated will correct this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need more information...is this problem prevalent with this engine....is this an ongoing problem.....I drive four of these vans they all hastate at slow driving...thanks
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

It's hard to explain. It isn't the engine itself it is the programming for the engine. It is an internal glitch in the software. There isn't anything physically wrong with the vehicle. It is a programming concern from Ford.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to see if I explained it any better. I can submit a phone offer as it makes it much easier to understand what going on.