Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 06 f250 5.4L with 94k on the clock. when I pull a

Customer Question

I have a 06 f250 5.4L with 94k on the clock. when I pull a 14ft trailer with a HD Road King in it. It chugs down the highway. Already changed plugs. Had 4 coils changed along with 2 injectors. Doesn't show any codes but doesn't pull with a load. If empty it runs good up to 75+ mph. Then a slight miss. After replacing all of above we did a reflash of ECM. Still no help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Two things to check would be exhaust backpressure and try it with the VCT solenoids unplugged to disable the VCT system. Let me know the results of those tests and we can move on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not a mechanic. Enlighten me on VCT

Variable cam timing. Instead of the cams having a static timing position the cam timing is changed based on a number of different factors within the computer.