Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a Ford ranch f150 gas changed fuel pump in gas tank

Customer Question

I have a Ford king ranch f150 gas changed fuel pump in gas tank and two modules command ?? When I go to start it it turns over but will not fire then driving went to step on gas and engine died on highway they say I need to now replace some elms component I have spent a fortune and no one seems to know what it is I reset computer and it flashed 7 times and the next time 8 I'm out of town and stranded any advise
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turn the the key on 5 times and reset computer I did this twice it flashed seven times the first time and eight the second time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone there
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Which codes have been and are stored now?

Was this module that was replaced called the fuel pump driver module?

I am not familiar with any parts called ELMS?

Have you verified is the fuel pressure that is being lost and to blame for these stalling issues?

What is flashing, the check engine light, theft light?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi chris
Ok I will get the proper answers for you
Ford never said what codes were reset
I was told to just turn key 5 times without turning it on then turn it on on the 6 th time and hold 60 seconds they start it and it worked
But the engine light flashed 7 times that time and then 8 times the next
On my bill they do not say what codes were reset
And the 1st module was something to do with pump them the second module or electric component was fuel pump command that did not work so then they said I needed a new fuel pump which is in gas tank so they replaced it
Then they took hoze off and said this thing for emissions had gas in it and it was because I over filled it and it needed to be replaced and that maybee I would dry out
But it might not start but I'm to wait ten minutes
Anyhow it did that once but
Driving going to give it gas on highway the engine shuts down totally and dies
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had a diagnostic and no codes showed up at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here at my relatives home

Thanks for the update. Since the pump is new and the fuel pump driver modules is new. I see no reason to blame either of them. I also doubt the EVAP system having some liquid fuel in it is to blame. Right now will it start or will it only crank? Can you check the fuel pressure?

I hate that you came here wanting and paying for help and appears to me you left not happy, and found my assistance not worth rating. I am still here to help if the problem is your needing more assistance on this concern.

Chris