HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I have a 2003 f150 5.4. While driving I hear a

Customer Question

I have a 2003 f150 5.4. While driving I hear a whistle/almost grunting noise coming from my coolant resavoir. Temp gauge is normal but under hood lots of pressure
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello you could have a restriction in the cooling system, most likely an issue with the radiator. When the engine is hot, shut it down and check for cold spots in the center of the radiator and check the temperature difference between the upper and lower hose, the lower hose should be about 10 degrees cooler than the upper. If the cap was bad it wouldnt pressurize the cooling system and make it boil over. Pressure on the system increases the boiling point. Take a good look at the coolant tank for any signs of cracks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir! Will try that
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Yes check the basics and check for debris between the ac condensor and the radiator that can restrict air flow.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?