Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 95 f-250 with a 7.3 and I have a squeak that I cant

Customer Question

I have a 95 f-250 with a 7.3 and I have a squeak that I cant get figured out I have replaced my idling pulley I replaced the belt tensioner and tonight I just replaced the alternator! It only squeaks when I push the throttle and goes away as soon as its in neutral or I push the clutch in!?!?!?! Please help its driving me crazy
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can you remove the belt and run it briefly like less than 4 minutes to see if the noise is still there or gone. Gone means its a pulley or pulley bearing with the issue. If its still there, then listen to the bell housing area. The transmission in neutral or the clutch pressed makes me think to check the clutch release bearing and the pilot bearing possibly gone dry and faulty.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks chris I will try that tonight also I startedthe truck this mmorning and now it squeals non stop

Thanks for the update, non stop points more to a belt concern than a clutch components but I am not there to hear it, like yourself.