Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Engine turns over but wont start,the positive cable from the

Customer Question

Engine turns over but wont start,the positive cable from the battery to the startex, which is attached to the fender gets real hot during cranking. Help!
Category: Ford
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Sorry your having problems. When the engine is cranking, does it seem to be cranking slowly or normal speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Normal speed
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see the previous expert has opted out, let me ask, have you checked for spark at the plugs when cranking? If the starter spins more than 20 seconds or so, Those cables will get hot. Make sure the engine ground and the grand straps are in good shape, you could need battery cables if it's not making a 100% good connection at the battery, Also, spray just a little bit of gas in the carb, does it fire for a second then? let us know. Thanks .