Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Got a 2004, F350, 6L diesel, won't start. Battery is good,

Customer Question

Got a 2004, F350, 6L diesel, won't start. Battery is good, even with jumper cables, no difference. Will crank once or twice, seems to be very heavy resistance. Starter maybe? Be glad for your help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

So it will crank but its just slow and weak?

Is the battery voltage good at 12.6 volts?

Whats the temp outside?

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 degrees C, some dew in the morning, generally clear and balmy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced the starter, still very very weak. No indication of starting, what could it be?

Were you able to check the battery voltage? I need to know that prior to declaring the starter bad or another concern like a hydrolocked cylinder or locked up belt driven pulley.

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris